Vermont Parks Forever (VPF), the foundation for Vermont State Parks, would like to welcome a part-time Administrative and Development Assistant to join our executive director and development and communications director by providing administrative support for operations, fundraising, and communications for this small and growing nonprofit.
This 15 – 20 hours/week position will wear many hats and be a critical part of VPF’s team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the outdoors, be organized, dependable, and committed to professional development in justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. Ability to work remotely, independently, and with other staff members is a must. Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising processes, database management, and social media is preferred.
The organization is based in the Montpelier area and a flexible work at home schedule will be offered. In-person weekly meetings may resume in Montpelier in late 2021. Combined time off and stipends for internet and phone are provided.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and favorite outdoor experience, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 3rd. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the search will remain open until the position is filled. A late-May/early June start date is planned.
- Light bookkeeping duties in concert with contracted bookkeeper
- Process donations, prepare acknowledgement letters and general correspondence
- Assist with production and mailing of digital and direct mail fundraising appeals
- Maintain donor files in database (Little Green Light), assist with social media (Facebook and Instagram), website updates (WordPress), and e-newsletter (Mailchimp)
- Assist in planning meetings and events, day-to-day operational activities, and other duties as assigned as part of VPF’s team of passionate staff!
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of Vermont Parks Forever’s mission
- Committed to professional development in justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Dependable and able to organize and prioritize work with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work remotely, independently, and collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising, donor databases, and social media preferred
Vermont Parks Forever enhances and protects Vermont’s state parks by inspiring stewardship of natural places, providing educational experiences, and improving access to state parks for underserved communities.
VPF is an equal opportunity employer, all are encouraged to apply.