Recent Board members have shared VPF’s mission at their business events, suggested new grantees VPF can serve, brainstormed ways to appeal to donors, shared personal photos and park stories for promotional use, and secured critical grant funding. Creativity is encouraged in thinking of ways to serve on the board of Vermont Parks Forever!
VPF Board members:
• are passionate about the outdoors and helping everyone access the state park system
• are elected for a three-year term and attend quarterly Board meetings
• share individual talents by serving on at least one board subcommittee
• steer the organization through strategic planning
• hold VPF as one of their top charitable priorities
• fundraise for VPF to the best of their ability together with VPF staff
• bring unique ideas and energy to help grow awareness of the organization!
The Board of Directors provides core guidance for Vermont Parks Forever, the foundation for Vermont State Parks. The VPF Board does not provide governance or management for Vermont State Parks but rather works in close collaboration with the Vermont Department of Forests, Parks, and Recreation to enhance and protect the parks.